Welcome to the dribblings of a mildly internet addicted individual who has too much to do in too little time, and the insane desire to blog about it all.

It's all relative, anyway.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sadness and other stuff

So yesterday, my Aunt died.
I didn't know her all that well. But she was one of my mums very best friends. And her husband was Dad's best man at their wedding - 50 years ago. So they have known each other for a very long time, even though they live in a different state to us.

I have found, over the course of today, that my sadness seems to be not so much because she is dead, but because of the people who love her that are now greiving. I feel for my Mum and Dad, who have lost a life-long friend. And for my uncle, who has lost the love of his life. And my cousins, who have lost their rock.

I feel for them, and that makes me sad.

It makes me happy that she isn't around to keep living in the pain that she was suffering. I'm glad that she doesn't have to suffer with continued cancer treatments anymore. She would not have liked that.

I'm also happy that I didn't see her when she was sick. My last memories of her will be of a lovely, short little woman in full motorcycling leathers, hopping on the back of the big touring Honda that the two of them travelled around on. This is a good memory, and one I am glad I can hold on to.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful memory for you to have close to your heart:) Hugs to you and your family at this time.

    ReplyDelete