Welcome to the dribblings of a mildly internet addicted individual who has too much to do in too little time, and the insane desire to blog about it all.

It's all relative, anyway.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hangover hilarity

This morning was hilarious.

I wasn't hungover - but both the workmates were. I walked in the door at 8 (covering a friends' shift as I usually don't work Saturdays any more) to see two very bleary-eyed young fellas blinking at me rather owlishly.

I had a rather amusing morning teasing them about the whole scenario!

Then I came home and attempted to achieve stuff. I traced round a pair of Declan's old pants and ended up with a pair of new ones from some lovely cotton drill I bought from the Crafty Mamas site here.

They will be for school for the next few weeks, as it is starting to get too chilly for shorts, but definetly still too warm for polar fleece or tracksuit material. The last pair of drill school pants that he had, he tore through the knee in no time, so I put an extra two layers over the knee section of these.

There were a few mistakes in them - they ended up not needing an elastic waist-band as they fit rather well without it - this is good now, but if he gets a bigger bum in the near future they will not go over it! So when I make the next pair (tomorrow night for Rory I think) I will have to cut the top of the back pieces wider and keep the waistband part quite a bit longer.

Generally speaking, when it's stuff I'm sewing for home I'm lazy and I cheat as much as is humanly possible. So although I could have done two patch pockets, I did one. And although I should have double-layered the pocket flap, I short hemmed it instead. And although really I should have overlocked the inside seams, I just couldn't be bothered LOL

Regardless, Declan has pants. I have a basic pattern that works and only needs a small modification.

And I feel like I have actually achieved something this afternoon.

Tonight, I am determined to finish one, possibly two knitting projects. And maybe spin something. Maybe.

Tomorrow is a full day at the slave-market so there will be nothing achieved there other than a sense of impending doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment