Welcome to the dribblings of a mildly internet addicted individual who has too much to do in too little time, and the insane desire to blog about it all.

It's all relative, anyway.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weird vertigo-nesss

or ... vertiginousness...
or something.

A few months ago, I was driving to work one morning and as I drove along, something really odd happened. It was like, the entire world had just picked up and shunted itself sideways. My vision went off in a truly bizarre manner and for a moment I thought someone had run the light next to me and had pushed my car sideways, very quickly, just without the impact.

It had me running scared for a week. I thought I was going nuts. I hadn't swerved, I hadn't crashed, no one had hit me. I was fine. But the world had literally (it seemed) moved a giant step sideways and i had been left behind for a moment. Or something.

It happened again today. I was driving again (different car this time) and was minding my own business, looking ahead as per usual, watching out for hazards, you know, the stuff you do when you are driving. And then the world picked itself up and shunted sideways.

It's a very very disorientating feeling. I don't know what it means, or if it means anything. I can't remember the circumstances surrounding the last time, I don't know if I was stressed or hungry or anything. I do know that without a doubt, both times there has been NO alcohol and NO drugs of any type whatsoever in my system.

I have been very stressed out lately and I do confess that I think I've been making it worse for myself than is absolutely necessary. I'm getting bogged down by the weight of the things I feel I need to do, rather than stepping back and just doing them one little bit at a time, like I should.

I wonder if that's got something to do with it.

It's rather frightening. I hope it doesn't happen again. And no, there's no time or money in this place right now for me to go to a doctor to get it checked out. Not a single tiny cent. If there was, I'd be getting my 6 years overdue pap smear next week, wouldn't I.

Somebody needs to buy a half a dozen spinning wheels from me. Then I can afford to go to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment